Understanding Plain Figures
Plain Figures is a method of transforming statistical and financial data into figures, tables and graphs that people readily understand.
The Plain Figures approach:
- makes numbers, tables and graphs accurate, vivid and memorable
- converts difficult and intimidating financial information and statistical data into material that is easy to read and comprehend
- produces tables and graphs that immediately convey your message.
You can see some Plain Figures treatments and how the presentation of numbers, tables and figures can be improved on our Examples and Tips page.
Applying Plain Figures:
- aids decision-making because people understand the facts
- saves time because it shortens meetings and increases efficiency
- makes your reports powerful and your information persuasive.